Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Podcasting

After creating a podcast in groups last week the biggest challenge I see in successfully completing a project like that with students would be either making sure students are including relevant information and for me as a teacher editing the podcast. I think with elementary students they might have a harder time understanding what a podcast is, where to find the information to include, how to put it in their own words, and how to word it in such a way that is makes sense and is interesting and informative to the audience.
A teacher could make an outline of the project before beginning it to make it more efficient. Included in the outline could be all of the big ideas students need to include in the podcast and possibly resources in which to find the information. During the process the teacher should constantly monitor students' progress and give feedback in how to make it better. If students finish their script and are ready to record and then the teacher tells them it is all wrong and they have to re-do it it will be much less efficient than fixing it as they go. After the students record and to address my concern about editing it I might recruit the help of the technology teacher in the school, at least to get me started if I hadn't made a podcast in a while. If making a podcast in class is not an option I would consider leading an after-school podcast creating session in the computer lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment